The San Diego Comic Art Gallery is delighted to be hosting CROSSOVER: Star Trek & The Science of Space Travel! The first CROSSOVER event in 2018 series between IDW Publishing and the Fleet Science Center.
On March 30th, join Star Trek writer Mike Johnson, and Star Trek editor Sarah Gaydos, as they discuss Star Trek comics, space science and space travel with Grant Teply, postdoctoral scholar at the Center for Astrophysics and Space Science at UCSD and Guinevere Keller, engineer at the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space group at UCSD.
Our panel of comic book pros and local scientists will give short talks, followed by open discussion, addressing the creative and scientific sides of comics. Enjoy local brews and stimulating discussion with comic book creators and fans!
- Guests 21+ $15, includes 2 beer from a local brewery and one comic book
- Guests 21 and under $7, includes a comic book
- VIP Tickets 21+ $25, includes 2 beers from a local brewery, reserved seating and a swag bag
- VIP Tickets guest 21 and under $15, includes reserved seating and a swag bag
This event is 15+ Only: IDs will be checked for drink tickets.
We thank our generous beer sponsor Pariah Brewing Co. for supporting Crossover: Where Comics & Science meet this year!
- May 25: Featuring the GI Joe vs Six Million Dollar Man comic and the science of bionics.
- September 14: Featuring the Sonic the Hedgehog comics and a look at physic principles.
- November 14: Featuring the Transformer comics and the science of robotics.
Please note: During these events, there will be photography and video recording. By attending these events you consent to and authorize without further compensation the use and reproduction of any film or photographs.